Friday, March 28, 2014

In Pursuit of Thesis: Week Ten

You know what they say about riding a bike? That once you learn you'll never forget? Using Revit is not like riding a bike.

...at least not at this point, anyway.

For those of you that don't know, Revit is a computer aided design program focused on 3D modeling. It's fantastic because you can build a digital model and pull construction drawings straight out of it all in one, convenient little package. It's not fantastic because it's sort of like a teenager - it eventually does what you want it to, but you have to really know how to manipulate it. In other words, it's fairly user-friendly, but you can do SO much with it that it can become difficult to know how to go about it.

Unfortunately, I'm out of practice with Revit, and my first go-around with it left a lot to be desired. For all intents and purposes, I haven't learned how to use the program. Because of this, I've spent many hours harassing classmates, watching youtube videos, and hitting the books. In other words, progress has been slow, but progress nonetheless.

With so much going on in the last few weeks, I'm really just trying to keep my motivation up. Nevermind everything's due in the next four to five weeks and then I'm graduating....


...I got this

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...