Monday, January 21, 2013

London Calling

Greetings dear readers!

It's been just over a week since my last post, and let me tell you, a lot can happen in one week. Last Monday I said goodbye to the states and hello to the UK. After struggling to narrow down four months of existence into one suitcase, waiting painstakingly through numerous flight delays, and (not) sleeping through one six hour haul, I finally made it to London!

Naturally, we were given hardly any time to adjust to extreme jet lag and general disorientation from stepping foot in a foreign country for the first time. Orientation procedures started promptly at 5:30 pm and got us geared up for the weeks to come. Most of the week was spent doing things like this; meeting and greeting, exploring side streets, and desperately searching for a flat to live in for four months.

After finally settling in at the new flat and successfully surviving my first day of classes, I'm loving London even more. Prior to today, I did manage to get some exploring in with some friends. We've stumbled upon a few local coffee shops, a delicious Filipino restaurant, a design & architecture exhibit, and even made our way to St. Paul's Cathedral.


Here are a few shots from our adventures so far!


Classic Telephone Booth Shot


Sculpture Near St. Paul's Cathedral



Design Exhibition in Holborn



St. Paul's Cathedral



& a few shots from the super-cute Dose Espresso near St.Paul's Cathedral:





After just a few days of wandering around various parts of town, I can only imagine what else London's hidden side streets and tucked away neighborhoods will reveal to me. It's not like I'm going to be here for four months or anything (:


Cheers! 



U.K. English Word of the Week: "Cheers" meaning thank you or thanks














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...