Friday, June 1, 2012

Great Room Project

So I realized it's been far too long since I've updated anything here - sorry for the long hiatus in posts. Anyway, what better way to enter back into the worldwide web than posting some of my work from this year? For this particular project, we were given a particular room in the home with our only requirements being that it fit into a certain cubic footage. I was given the great room and 2400 cubic feet to play with. So what's in a great room? We discussed the space in a variety of ways: the great room as a space for "togetherness", the great room as space for technology, etc. I chose to take the FLW route and look at the concept of the hearth as the center of the home. By omitting the use of technology, I was able to focus on different functions of the great room. Both private and public spaces surround a peninsula fireplace.

Renderings:



Model Work:





Floor Plan & Sections:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...